This is absolutely my favorite of all the Phase 2 recipes. I ate this at least 3 times a week.
Chicken – 4 oz, chopped (I used shrimp once – when I took these pictures – but I didn’t like it and I won’t make it with shrimp again)
Cabbage – 2 big leaves, and 1 cup chopped
Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (I bought the spray bottle)
(I never really measure the spices. Some garlic, more ginger, a little salt and pepper, and A LOT of the Bragg’s)
1. Steam the big pieces of cabbage for 10-15 minutes.
2. Steam the chopped cabbage for 5-7 minutes. (I’m lucky to have a steamer. I put the big leaves in the bottom, then the chopped cabbage in the dish in the top 10 minutes later. Easy peasy. But of course you can steam it the old fashioned way.)
3. Right after you put the chopped cabbage on, start cooking the chicken. (Yeah I know it’s shrimp in the picture, but it’s sooo much better with chicken!)
4. After 5 (ish) minutes, take the chopped cabbage from the steamer and put it in the pan with the chicken.
5. Add the spices, spray with the liquid aminos, and “stir-fry” for about 5 minutes.
6. Take one of the big cabbage leaves and put it on a plate.
7. Scoop some of of the chicken and chopped cabbage and put it in the middle of the leaf.
8. Wrap it up (I like to give another few sprays of liquid aminos first).
9. Repeat with the other cabbage leaf.
That’s it! I like to keep the Bragg’s Liquid Aminos right by me when I’m eating.