I love love LOVE this recipe. I’ve been making it since I finished with the HCG drops the first time. I’ve seen many variations of this recipe on the web, but the one below is based on THIS video. The only difference is that I use heavy cream and they use almond milk, and of course the quantity, because I prefer to only make a little at a time so that if I ever have the urge to binge then it won’t be on more than a few pieces.
Ingredients (I divide it into 8 portions, so with 1/4 cup cashews each one is still only 100 calories)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
3 Tbs Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbs. Heavy Cream (**see update at bottom)
5 tsp. Truvia
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
Dash of salt
Ice cube tray or cupcake liners
Optional – nuts, coconut flakes.
1. Melt the coconut oil.
2. Stir in the cocoa powder.
3. Heat up the heavy cream, then add the truvia, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract.
4. Add the cream and spices to the coconut oil and stir, a lot, so it’s not grainy.
5. Chop up some nuts. I like cashews.
6. Sprinkle nuts, coconut flakes, pretzels, or whatever else you like in the bottom of the ice cube tray/paper cupcake liner, then cover with the chocolate.
7. Stick it in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. This is what it looks like when it hardens:
The white stuff is the coconut oil. I was a little freaked out by it the first time I made it, but of course I tasted it anyway. If you taste it by itself it has an oily coconut flavor (uh, duh!) and is neither good or bad. But as long as there is chocolate in your mouthful, it’s fine. Better than fine. Delicious, actually, and it’s PERFECT for satisfying my chocolate cravings.
**Update – I no longer use heavy cream when I make this, because it’s so fattening and it’s not really necessary. I’ve made it with lowfat half and half, whole milk and reduced fat milk, just depending on what’s in my fridge, and it has come out fine every time.